Sunday, November 22, 2009

Waiting Game

The home visit on the 9th went very well. All of the exceptions that we had noted during the first visit were cleared. The interview portion was boring, but I think we aced all of the questions she had for us. So, now, we are just playing the waiting game.

Our worker told us she would type up her report during the few days following the visit. She called on Thursday for a couple of tidbits of information that she forgot to ask. I believe she probably gave the report to her supervisor for final approval on Friday or Monday. Now, we are just waiting on the certificate OR a phone call-- whichever comes first. A lot of the times, new foster parents will receive a phone call for a possible placement prior to receiving their certificate.

In the meantime, we've been decorating for Christmas. I had scheduled a week of vacation for this week, but due to the workload and upcoming deadline at work, it had to be postponed. Usually during this week, I put up our Christmas trees. So, we decided to start early. I have already completed three of our trees and will have one more completed by Wednesday. That only leaves our few smaller trees and the remainder of the decorations. Stephen is responsible for the outdoor decorations and has already started on them too! I'll post pictures soon.

Hopefully, we'll be getting the long awaited call soon. When we do, I'll be sure to post something-- I am sure it will be an adventure! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: