Saturday, November 7, 2009

Long time...No blog

It's been quite a while since I last posted. To catch everyone up quickly, we went to Gulf Shores on vacation, completed our foster parenting classes, got together for a couple of holiday gatherings, etc. You know...we've just been living our lives.

So, now I am posting to the blog...again. Like I said before, we completed our foster parenting classes. It was an interesting 9 weeks. We learned everything there is to know about kids-- just kidding!! I feel more confused now than ever before! We also had our first home visit with our resource worker. She cited a couple of items that we needed to do in our home and we've done those things. We've also had our physicals, completed our homework, became certified in CPR and first aid, and we've taken a water safety course. Our final step is having another home visit from our resource worker. It is scheduled for Monday.

Today, I feel like we are "nesting." I know this is usually for pregnant women, but I feel like that's what we're going through. We had to get both bedrooms ready for children. One is set up with a twin bed (we have boy and girl bedding that can be changed out quickly, depending on what we may get) and the other is set up as a nursery (we chose gender neutral bedding). I must say that I don't feel totally prepared, but I think we can handle anything that comes our way.

We don't know the timing of the whole thing yet. We should know more on Monday. But, I think we are getting close. I'll post more when I have more information. Please keep us in your prayers that everything goes well during our visit.

3 comments:

The Prescott's said...

I am so excited for you guys!! We will be praying for a good visit Monday!!

Jennie said...

I am so excited for you Dianna! You are in my prayers! Keep me updated!

The C's said...

SO EXCITING!! You guys will be amazing parents. PS...sure would love for you to come to Selma and help with some Christmas decorating. Haha- you know I love all 1000 of your trees!!!