Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Little Cabin in the Woods

I know it has been a while since I have blogged about anything. But, I thought it was time to get everyone caught up. My last post was in February, so that seems like a great place to start.



For Valentine's weekend, I wanted to do something special for Stephen-- it has been a while since we went anywhere together. I looked on VRBO and found a quaint little cabin on the lake. My main criteria for finding a place was that it had to be within 2.5 hours of home (otherwise, we would have just gone to the beach!). So, the place I found was at Lake Wedowee. It was super cute-- and the man we rented from was really nice. Look at http://www.papabearscabin.com/-- we stayed in Cabin #1. Although it was too cold to get out on the lake, just the view from the porch was enough to make us feel relaxed. I tried a new recipe for baked ziti (it was wonderful--I'll share it with you if you ask).



Here are a few pictures from the cabin in the woods-- literally, in the woods, out in the middle of nowhere.

cute and quaint
View of the lake
View of the lake from the screened porch.



February-- THE END.

No comments: