Monday, April 13, 2009

March Madness

March was a little more hectic than February. It seems like we had something to do every weekend.

First, I had to take an inspection trip for work to the Gulf Coast (I know, I know, but somebody HAD to do it!). Stephen was able to get a couple of days off from work, so he went with me. So on a Sunday afternoon, we headed to Gulf Shores. And, of course, our first stop was the Original Oyster House for some shrimp. Is it just me, or does shrimp taste better during the cold season? Anywho, then Monday, I did my inspection and we headed east toward Destin. What a beautiful drive! Although it was a bit longer than we expected.
Destin was the first official vacation spot that we went to after we got married. My how things have changed in the last 14 years! Destin is not the same as it was back then. Stephen has more memories of Destin than I do-- that's where his family vacationed when he was young. We spent the remainder of the day at the marina and at the beach. It was a glorious afternoon and we enjoyed the few moments we had in the sun.
We love the beach!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Glad to see you are back to blogging! I really like the pictures - very pretty!