Sunday, December 20, 2009

21 Days to Make a Habit

A while back at work, I took a Franklin-Covey time management class. During the class, it was said it takes 21 days to make a habit. It's tried and true. I believe it because I experienced it just after I took the class and we've just experienced it again. (Today is the 21st day with Drew in our lives).

One habit that I've already made since he's arrived is the habit of making bottles. OK, maybe this isn't a habit, but I would rather not call it a chore. Wash, rinse, dry, fill. This cycle seems to be never ending! After 21 days, I believe that I could do this in my sleep!

Speaking of sleep...that's another habit worth noting. I've had to change my sleeping habits- no more sleeping until 10 am on Saturday mornings! But, Stephen's sleeping habits haven't changed at all! Oh well. A girl can still dream, right?! Drew's sleeping pattern is beginning to change too. He's staying awake a lot longer in between bottles and has even slept through the night a couple of times.

And a habit I hope we aren't making a mistake by doing...the habit of rocking him to sleep. There is nothing sweeter than looking down at his little sweet face when he's trying to fall asleep. He fights Mr. Sandman every night, but never wins. It is a long battle some nights. Some say we are spoiling him, but this is one habit that I have become addicted to doing.

No comments: