Sunday, September 21, 2008

New Recipe Sundays

For the past couple of weeks, I've been trying a new recipe for Sunday dinner. My newlywed friend, JWP, gave me the idea. Now, don't get me wrong, I love to cook and usually cook on Sunday's since that is one of two nights that Stephen and I get to eat together. But, I've been told that the typical family has only a handful of foods that they typically cook and eat. So, with the new idea and some hardly ever used cookbooks, I thought now would be great time to start "New Recipe Sunday."

The recipe for last week was Bruschetta Chicken Bake. It was good. It was certainly different than anything I've ever cooked. It was a casserole with stove-top stuffing, tomatoes, and chicken. Stephen and I decided to "put it in rotation"- meaning that I'll cook it again.

But tonight was awesome-- I tried another casserole (I just love to cook casseroles- a whole meal in just one dish- what could be better?!). It was Layered Taco Bake. I am telling you this- I could have eaten the entire thing by myself! The recipe was very easy, which was great considering we spent a few hours in the yard and were contemplating just ordering a pizza. The ingredients were easy- ground beef, taco seasoning, mac and cheese, and salsa. We both gave it two thumbs up and we agreed that it should be put into rotation and more often than the chicken from last week!

If you would like a copy of either recipe, let me know. Or if you have a "must-try" recipe for me, please send it (just remember- nothing with lettuce!!).

2 comments:

The Prescott's said...

Yay!! I'm so happy you're trying new recipes! I'm going to need both of those recipes! O would love the taco one! Enjoy!

The C's said...

haha, love your "nothing with lettuce" request. i would love the taco casserole recipe. we love some mexican food!