Sunday, September 21, 2008

In Review...

Maybe I have been working in a professional office for too long, or maybe I am just anxious to get this adoption moving, but what does it mean when someone tells you things are "in review"? When I tell one of my professional contacts that something is in review, it means that I have worked on it and that it my supervisor has the final authority to approve/deny it. However, my term of "in review" is only that way for a couple of days-- at the most.

I have been told for several weeks that our home study is "in review." Granted, we are at the mercy of our social worker and her timeline. She has to have one of her contacts approve the home study before it can be sent to DHR and be approved there. Then on to homeland security.

Everyone keeps telling me to be patient. I am trying, truly I am. But seriously, how much waiting can we do? How long will it be in review this time? Pray for us- out patience is wearing thin. We need something to happen soon so we can be refreshed and up for the next challenge.

No comments: