Sunday, April 20, 2008

We Can See the Light at the End of the Tunnel

Finally! I thought we'd be chasing documents for years to come, but we are finally making some progress. Last week, our social worker came for her last visit for the home study. We have to get her just a couple of pieces of information (we have 2 of the 3 and should have the last tomorrow). She should be able to complete her report this week!

So, that leaves us with just a couple of other things to get done. Our application letter, a government form, and letter from our CPA. Hopefully, we can get those started this week too. I am having some difficulty with my doctor's letter about my insulin pump-- just the details, like having it on letterhead AND having it notorized. This has been a sore subject this week for me!

What's next? I will have to have of the documents certified by the county of the notary. For instance, if my notary resides in Jefferson County, I will have to go to the Jefferson County Courthouse and have them certify the document that the notary has signed and sealed. THEN, we'll have to take the certified documents and have them sealed by the Secretary of State in Montgomery. (By the way, this is all happening during my absolute busiest time of the year at work. My boss is being very understanding about it all-- I just feel bad about missing any work during this time of the year.) Then the state sealed documents will be sent to the Chinese Consulate for verification or something like that. I will have to give more details when I get my head around what happens. Maybe we can have this in the works by the end of April. I hope we can anyway-- I am ready for this little girl to get here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love keeping up with your blog! I know you guys will be so excited just to have little Amelia in your arms!

The C's said...

You are making great progess. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. I am ready to see you in 2 weeks! It has been way too long!