Monday, April 7, 2008

No Hope for Twins!

My curiosity finally got the best of me. I called my contact at the adoption agency and asked for more information about twins. She said that twins are very rare in China. Since she has been with the agency, she's only seen 5 sets be adopted. While the written guidelines aren't too different, she said that they've noticed income levels are higher and the fees are almost double. I don't think we'd be able to qualify, and if we did- we wouldn't have the fees to go through with it. I still think twins would be fun!

Someone asked me this week about another child from China at a later date. The bad thing is that we'd have to wait for one year and then start the entire process over again. Another country? Maybe- but we really haven't given it a lot of thought. Just getting through this one may do us for a lifetime! But, you never know.

I finally got in touch with someone in law enforsement to get our police letters! Stephen and I are going on Friday to see her and, hopefully, we will have letters in hand when we leave! That will be a worry lifted off of my shoulders! Only a few more documents left to get...stay tuned.

1 comment:

The C's said...

Sounds great! I love the idea of twins too. Glad everything is progressing. When are you planning to submit the dossier?